In collaboration with Monogram Creative Console
Open Ears is thrilled to announce its 2022 digital sound art competition for emerging artists! The festival is seeking submissions of works that demonstrate elements of video and sound to be premiered during this year’s festival (June 2-5, 2022). These past two years have cost artists opportunities in many ways. And particularly, emerging artists have been forced to navigate starting their careers in this unsteady landscape where we lack the traditional formats of live performance and in-person collaboration.
This competition is meant to highlight the work of emerging Canadian artists who have embraced this universal challenge of creating art to solely exist in a virtual space.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Artists must be a Canadian citizen or permanent Canadian resident.
- All artists involved in the creation of the project must be under 30 years of age.
- Works proposed must be suitable for playback in digital form and compatible for WordPress website.
- Works are open in length.
- Works must include a visual (video) and aural (sound) component.
- Works must be newly created, and must not have been previously shared publicly online.
- Artists may submit multiple entries.
- Submissions should include one project file (mov, mp4), and a description of the work.All artists involved must be credited. Awards & Expectations
- One project will be chosen as the competition winner, two projects will be chosen as runner-up
- The creator(s) of the winning project will receive a total of $1000 CAD as well as a Creative Console from Monogram, Festival pass
- The creator(s) of the two runner-up projects will receive festival passes
- The winning applicants retain ownership of the video, and we require exclusivity only for the duration of the 2022 Festival.
All submissions must be received by May 15th, 2022.
Winners will be announced May 25th, 2022.
Please forward to email@example.com
For further inquiries about the 2022 competition, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org